Blogging has lead me to “meet” some awesome people around the world. Some of these have nominated me for awards, and even though I am slow to accept them, I am taken by the nominations! You can read here why I initially started this blog, but since I’ve gotten “sucked into” the blogging world; I’ve just learned so much from others. And it seems to ease my itch to travel when I read about other expats, travellers or citizens lives in other countries.
One of the first blogs I truly got addicted to was written by Bronwyn, a queenslander who resides with her family in Singapore. She is well-travelled, has great tips on travels and activities with kids, and I enjoy the way she every now and then makes me think about sustainability too. She lead me to Camillas blog, another Australian expat, but she lives in Italy with her family. And get this: she has on many occasions inspired me to cook! Me?! She has such lovely but simple recipes between stories of experiencing Italy (and tasting gelato). The Hungarian mum of two blackberry boys has lived through the scenario I thought was the worst possible when expecting my second one: to have one young child and then have a second baby premature. She is strong, inventive and I like the way she does a lot with her sons. And then there is Kate, a delightful person enjoying her life here and now together with her teenaged son in Texas. There is a woman who knows how to have fun! Also, I wish I will have a similar relationship with my kids when they are older as Kate has with her Mr T. And now these bloggo friends of mine have nominated me for an award!!! Awesome! Check their blogs out, they are inspiring!
As a lazy person, I will, again, accept several awards with this one post, I’ll show you the rules for Kate’s ABC award (I’ll go with that as it has a bit of a catch in it), give you some good blogs and then something about me, and then the nominees will get to choose how they respond. In my opinion name-dropping in a post is always a good option too!
- Display the Award on your Blog. (How??? – Edit: tadaaa, thanks for the advice, here it is!)
- Announce your win with a post and thank the Blogger who awarded you. (check)
- Present 8 deserving Bloggers with the Award. (Happy to!)
- Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded with a comment. (I’ll just link them up here now. This takes time, you know!)
- Write a word or phrase about yourself for each letter of the Alphabet.
8 great blogs (+ the 4 I mentioned above!)
- Meg at Dear Crazy Kids cracks me up, her kids are adorable and her sense of humor great.
- Another great mum blog is Broken Condoms. She is right in the middle of a very intensive stage of life with two small kids that were born only a bit more than a year apart. I remember that time all too well. But she still has a great way of writing things down, and I wish she will be able to continue to write despite a few other things to take care of
Linda on Expat Eye on Latvia great at observing, has the way with words and sarcasm. I still owe you the post I promised, but as I have forgotten the best mistakes, I’ll get to it when I have enough good material.
- I like the way Views from a small island shows the beauty in the surroundings with one shot every day.
- Oh God my wife is German offers an expat male view on life in Germany with a German wife. F.u.n.n.y. And his posts brings me fun memories from my time in Germany.
- Which brings me back to another male writer, a German downshifter on a Good Day to Live. He’ll give you something to think about!
- A glimpse into another world by another expat is offered by Himalayacakes. She just married her Indian sadhu.
- Canadian travel bugs is another great blog about travelling, and she also has a monthly theme on Tourist in your Own Town, which everyone should join!
Last, words or phrases about me for each letter of the alphabet.
arts, blogging, crafts, cheese, crackers, creativity, Christmas, carols, candles (…loads of c-words!), dynamics, eating fruit, green tea, happiness, ice skating, islands and icecream (how can one choose between these?), jogging (just not doing it), (my) kiwi (husband) and kids, life and love, mum (and dad), nature, ocean, port and pilates, quality, rye bread, silence, tapas and travels, u-turns (??), V-drink, work and weekends, xylitol, yoghurt, zoo’s, Åbo, Ä & Ö just because they are a part of our alphabet (haha).