… are not exactly free, but often loads of fun. I don’t think there are too many days that pass by without me cracking up for something our little geniuses say or do. Here are a few examples, please give us all more laughter by sharing or linking to your best ones in the comments:
– Me: What are you going to be when you grow up? 3 yo: The best. Me: The best in what? How? 3 yo: I just kind of am the best.
– I started to have second thoughts on how clever it was to buy underwear with Lightning McQueen on to the 2 yo boy when he dropped down his pants for everybody to show the car, or to see it himself. Or just to point between his legs and yell “Lightning. Quick”.
– “I’m just like an emu: I have strong legs and can run fast but I can’t fly” (3yo)
– Waking up to “where is mums penis?” (2yo) sure is more fun than the alarm clock.
– With a loud voice in a quiet restaurant “Dad has a penis and mum has a penis” (2yo) *feeling everybody’s eyes on me waiting to hear my answer*
– Me: “Give mum a kiss” “Yes, if you pay me here (shows her hand)”. I am sure she’ll be the next business guru. (3yo)
– Me: “What do you say (when you just got a lolly)?” The 2yo: “Hooray! (and arms up in the air)”. Yep, that will do…
– What does the 2,5 yo do when she feels lazy and Mum won’t pull up her knickers and stockings after the potty? She teaches her little brother, almost 1,5 yo, to pull them up for her. Result: both satisfied and proud of themselves. Too bad she didn’t teach him to pull up his own pants.
– The 2,5yo sees a picture of Jussi 69 (the drummer of the gothic rock band The 69 eyes) in the paper: “that boy got frightened. Maybe he was left alone in the dark”.
And finally, I have to admit how childish we are with my husband: I still find it funny to imagine the faces of the workmen when we by accident found out what frequency the construction workers on the road works close to us used. We, of course (who wouldn’t?!), gave our radio phone to our 2 yo turned into the frequency, who happily chatted to the workmen, every once in a while yelling:”noisy”.
Have a great weekend!