I haven’t had too many free but fun things to blog about when all my free time has been spent
- house hunting. Far from free to buy one but quite fun really to see the taste of other people.
- further studies at avoin yliopisto, “open university”, offers university courses that everyone can do if they pay a small fee amount. One can not complete a degree this way but one can complement a university degree there. Or improve the chances of gaining access to a university.
Obviously with children you have to do something too, but lately we’ve enjoyed old goodies:
- we still ice skate whenever we have time. The weather has just been perfect for that.
- my daughter is very into reading and has begged me to take her to libraries, different ones. Not very inventive but also not at all a bad way to spend time.
- my son is finally showing interest in numbers. We still have a great game from my childhood, Einertrainer, and I was trying to help him out: “let’s count together 1-2-3”. Son, 3 years: “why do you always start with 1? I count 2-5-8”. He has regained interest in the Most simple maths game ever though.
- Of course we’ve had a few barbecue sessions. Nothing like hoovering by the fire and catching up with friends. Almost like this but with some snow around.
- I have added a few items to the kids play food selection from some rest yarns. They quite like making BLT’s or other more interesting combinations, and I still enjoy the fact that crocheted play food can be washed!