We spent the last week of our holidays in Australia in the Geelong area. Even though the Autumn rain caught up with us, we also had some beautiful weather and a very enjoyable time.
- Watching four dolphins play while on the ferry from Sorrento to Queenscliff. We thought the ferry was pretty affordable, had free wifi on, and the service, like mostly in Australia, was fabulous: they let us pay and waited for us to get on even though the ferry was about to leave in one minute.
- Picking lemons and lime fruits from trees on our friends backyard. Exotic to us! Making lemon juice out of them was exciting too. Picking strawberries on a farm made us look forward to July in Finland!
- Many child friendly cafes with play corners, sand pits or a complimentary desert for children. Lovely!
- It was a bit cold for swimming but the beaches were still pretty, there are a number to choose from and the waves were awesome.
- Wonderful playgrounds next to a barbeque areas.
- Lovely small walks. One of our favourite one was to the rock pools in Point Lonsdale.
Last but not free, still worth mentioning: the most amazing mini-golf tracks I’ve ever been too was at the Bellarine Adventure Golf.
Such a wonderful holiday for your family
It was wonderful to have more time together, to see beloved friends and relatives and get around to see and do things we don’t do at home!